My Favorite Christmas Movies
My Favorite Christmas Movies
Need to get into the Christmas spirit? I’m sharing my favorite Christmas movies with y’all!
Here’s some festive suggestions. 🙂
- The Original Christmas Classics. While this set includes 7 movies, I really only watch 3 of them – Frosty the Snowman, Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, and Santa Claus Is Comin’ to Town. This was a family White Elephant win for me. A pretty sweet deal, even though I can’t get down with Cricket on the Hearth.
- It’s a Wonderful Life. Just bought my own copy of this last Christmas! Without live television, I missed catching it on its annual Christmas night reruns. This one is perfect for Christmas evening. Especially in black and white. 🙂
- Love Actually. Y’all know this is my #1 favorite year-round movie, but it’s also the ultimate Christmas movie. So many Christmas stories in one, feel-good romantic comedy.
- Miracle on 34th Street. Oh, Macy’s… Umm, this one is pretty sweet because Santa Claus is proven to be real IN COURT.
- The Family Man. Another one of my year-round faves. Not heavily holiday-themed but enough to keep Christmas on the mind.
- The Polar Express. The hubs and I watched this for the first time on Christmas Eve in 2013. Maybe 2012. Either way, it’s a newer tradition for us. We turn all of the lights off, except for our Christmas tree, and cozy up on our couches, spending the final hours before Christmas Day drifting into a childlike sleep. Magical and fitting.
- Christmas Comedy Collection. This set includes Christmas Vacation, Elf, and A Christmas Story. I’m pretty positive these are my Top 3 favorite Christmas movies. For the entire month of December, I could watch each of these every single day. Literally. Definitely some of the funniest holiday movies out there.
- Peanuts Holiday Collection. This includes It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown AND A Charlie Brown Christmas. Can’t understand the true meaning of Christmas without Charlie Brown!
- The Muppet Christmas Carol. Now THIS is a jolly holiday movie. Well, as jolly as A Christmas Carol can be. This has been a favorite of mine since I was in fifth grade. I grew up with The Muppets! But really, who doesn’t love singing Muppets?!
- Home Alone and Home Alone 2: Lost in New York. The second one is still a bit violent for my taste, but I totally wanted that Talkboy. So much so that, in December of 1992, I remember CALLING local toy stores to see if they had any in stock. (They didn’t.) The first Home Alone is a classic for 1980s kids! Hearing the main title still gives me chills every time. Just as any choral version of “Somewhere in My Memory” will almost instantly bring tears to my eyes.
- The Original Television Christmas Classics. Had this set before my White Elephant win. This one includes Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, Frosty the Snowman, Frosty Returns, The Little Drummer Boy, and Santa Claus Is Comin’ to Town. I usually pass on Frosty Returns and The Little Drummer Boy. I have to say one thing about Santa Claus Is Comin’ to Town. It is a really good sleepy show. After milk and cookies, we pass out almost every time. But I love it! Oh, and it also answered a lot of questions that I had about Santa Claus too. 🙂
Now, there’s a very special DVD that isn’t shown here. It’s a DVD burned from an old VHS from the early 1980s. It has How the Grinch Stole Christmas, Bugs Bunny’s Looney Christmas Tales, Mickey’s Christmas Carol, A Charlie Brown Christmas, and The GLO Friends Save Christmas. Oh, and sooooo many awesome 1980s’ TV commercials. This baby’s old, but I feel like I’m four again every time I watch it!
Well, I hope this list of my favorite Christmas movies helps to get you in the holiday spirit.
I’d love to hear what some of your favorites are!
Want me to email you every time I publish a new blog post? Click here!
Leave a Comment